CQUniversity invites teachers to participate in reviewing higher education Home Economics specialisation units
CQUniversity is undertaking a review of their Bachelor of Education (Secondary) (initial teacher training) and Diploma of Secondary School Teaching (upskilling) Home Economics specialisation units in conjunction with their industry partner HEIA and invites school-based teachers to be a part of the review. CQU is seeking teachers with experience in the areas of:
- Home Economics
- food technology, food and nutrition, hospitality
- textiles technology, fashion design.
Applicants must have an excellent working knowledge of current and proposed Australian curriculum (Years 7-10 and Years 11-12) and have a future-oriented vision for Home Economics. CQU encourages applicants from diverse teaching and learning contexts, including inner city, suburban, rural, regional and remote.
Two options to participate:
Queensland face-to-face: Seeking five Queensland applicants. You will need to be available in Rockhampton on Friday 19 November 2021 from 9:00am to 5:00pm. One night’s accommodation and travel will be organised for participants outside of the Rockhampton region. There is no remuneration for this appointment; however, CQU can offer successful Queensland State School applicants 1 TRS day to attend the review.
Australia Online: Applicants from all other States and Territories will need to be available for a 2-hour online meeting on Wednesday 17 November from 6:30pm to 8:30pm. There is no remuneration for this appointment.
All applicants, include in your email application:
- subject line: [your name] Home Economics EOI reviewer application [Qld or online]
- contact details (name, email, address, telephone)
- school’s name and address
- current job title and brief description of your role in the school
- indicate your area of expertise as Home Economics, food and/or textiles
- briefly describe your teaching philosophy in your field of expertise
- 250-word statement about how you believe you can contribute to the review.
The applicant is responsible for obtaining their school’s approval to attend prior to sending their application. Please forward your email application by Friday 17 September 2021 to Dr Jay Deagon at firstname.lastname@example.org. Successful applicants will be advised by email. For more information, please do not hesitate to contact Jay via email or 07 4980 4156 or 0402119711.